from June 16 to June 19 2021 / Visarno Arena, Florence
3 Upcoming Events
- Jun 16Jun16Find ticketsWed 16:00Visarno Arena - FlorenceRed Hot Chili PeppersOn partner site
- Jun 17Jun17Thu 16:00Visarno Arena - FlorenceGreen DayOn partner siteFind tickets Visarno Arena - FlorenceGreen DayJun 17 16:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Jun 18Jun18Fri 16:00Visarno Arena - FlorenceVascoOn partner siteFind tickets Visarno Arena - FlorenceVascoJun 18 16:00Find ticketsOn partner site
All you need to know about Firenze Rocks
Firenze Rocks 2021
In compliance with the medical emergency set to prevent COVID-19 from spreading, the Firenze Rocks festival events scheduled from June, 10 to June, 13 2020 at Visarno Arena in Florence have been cancelled. Firenze Rocks will take place from June, 16 through June, 19 2021 at Visarno Arena in Florence. If you already bought tickets for the 2020 edition, those will be valid for the 2021 edition. For further information, please READ HERE.
Firenze Rocks is coming back for its fourth edition from 16 June to 19 June 2021. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, Green Day and Vasco Rossi are Firenze Rocks 2021 headliners.
Firenze Rocks 2019 edition
The headliner of June 13th was Tool, the three-time Grammy Award recipient rock band made of Danny Carey, Adam Jones, Maynard James Keenan and Justin Chancellor. Badflower, Skindred, Dream Theater and The Smashing Pumkins opened for Tool at Firenze Rocks 2019. The Smashing Pumpkins, the alternative-rock pioneers that became famous thanks to “Siamese Dream” and “Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness!”, played their new album “Shiny And Oh So Bright, VOL. 1 / LP: No Past. No Future. No Sun”. The latter brought the founding members Billy Corgan, James Iha and Jimmy Chamberlin back together.
Ed Sheeran, the British pop star and author of the hits “Perfect” and “Shape of You”, was Firenze Rocks 2019 headliner on Friday 14 June. Matt Simons, Zara Larsson and Snow Patrol took the stage before Ed Sheeran at the Visarno Arena.
On Saturday 15 June, Eddie Vedder came back to Firenze Rocks to perform as a solo act after his legendary festival performance in 2017. In fact, with over 45,000 tickets sold, Eddie Vedder broke the record for the highest number of paying spectators in his entire solo career at Florence Rocks in 2017. On June 15, The Struts, Nothing But Thieves and Glen Hansard also played at the festival.
Firenze Rocks ended on Sunday 16 June with The Cure, known for their hits “Boys Don't Cry”, “A Forest”, “The Lovecats”, “Inbetween Days”, “Close To Me”, “Just like Heaven”, “Lullaby”, “Lovesong”, “High”, “Friday I'm in Love”, “Wrong Number” and “The End of the World”. Sum 41, Editors and Balthazar were the opening acts of The Cure on June 16th on the final day of Florence Rocks 2019.
Firenze Rocks past editions
Among the leading Italian and European festivals, Firenze Rocks is Italy's rockest summer festival which annually takes place at Visarno Arena in Florence.
In its previous editions, Firenze Rocks drew more than 660,000 fans all over the world. Guns N’ Roses, Aerosmith, Eddie Vedder, Foo Fighters, Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins ed Ed Sheeran performed on the huge Visarno Arena open-air stage.
Accessibility at Firenze Rocks
Disabled people with companion or needing continuous assistance can book a spot in a reserved area at Visarno Arena by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the email request, you need to write the date of the concert you would like to attend and your degree of disability, attaching the document certifying this disability. There is a limited number of spots in the dedicated area. The request acceptance only depends on the date sent of the complete request and the certified percentage of disability.
The ticket holder is the disabled person, while his or her companion, who must be one and an adult, will have a complimentary ticket.
The reserved area for disabled people will be located, if possible, near the emergency exits following the rules to protect the safety of the companions.
For further information, please read the entire section “Disabled People” on Firenze Rocks official website: firenzerocks.it/info-utili
For accessible ticket requests only.
Yes, Firenze Rocks tickets are nominative tickets. This means that, by law, the name and surname of the actual concert attendee (here called ticket holder) must be written on each ticket. At the Visarno Arena entrance, the ID card – original document, no copy – of each ticket holder will be checked. If the name and surname on the ticket don’t match with those on the original ID card, the ticket willnot be valid and you will not be allowed to attend the concert.
For further information about nominative tickets and name change request, please read carefully the dedicated FAQ sections.
Firenze Rocks 2021 line up comprises Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, Green Day and Vasco Rossi.
For the events at Firenze Rocks 2021 the PIT and General Admission tickets are onsale. The PIT Ticket is a standing general admission ticket that grants entrance in the PIT area near the stage. The General Admission Ticket is a standing general admission ticket granting access to the field area, behind the PIT area.
For the Green Day and Red Hot Chili Peppers concerts at Firenze Rocks 2021, the VIP Packages FIRENZE ROCKS VIP PARTY era available and include:
- 1 standing general admission ticket that grants access to an exclusive area near the stage
- Reserved parking spot (1 parking spot per each order containing one or more tickets)
- Party before the show with standing buffet from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. in a reserved area on the Ippodromo del Visarno stand
- Open Bar from 5 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.
- Reserved restrooms
- 30,00€ voucher to spend on merchandising
- Laminated pass
The gate opening time will change according to the festival day. You will soon find out what time the Firenze Rocks gates will open.
Firenze Rocks is taking place from June, 16 to June, 19 2021 at Visarno Arena in Florence. Please keep checking this page to find out what time the Firenze Rocks 2021 concerts will start.
To get to Visarno Arena by bike from Firenze Santa Maria Novella station, you have to follow the bike path piazza Santa Maria Novella – Piazza Goldoni – Lungarno Vespucci. You will arrive at Visarno Arena in about 15 minutes.
Visarno Arena is about two kilometers away from Firenze Santa Maria Novella station. You can take the tram from there to reach Visarno Arena.
If you bought a ticket with the Red, Blue or Orange Entrance or you have to stop by the box office, you may take the Line 2 and get off at SAN DONATO (UNIVERSITÀ). From there, you can get to Visarno Arena on foot following the path: Via di Novoli, Via Paganini, Via Baracca, Via Leoncavallo, passerella pedonale, Via Tartini, Via delle Cascine.
If you purchased a ticket with the Yellow, Green or Silver Entrance, you should take the Line 1. Your last stop is CASCINE (CARLO MONNI), near Visarno Arena.
The tram ticket costs 1.50 euros.
At Firenze Santa Maria Novella station, you have to catch the Ataf 17c bus in the direction of Cascine until the stop “Cascine”. It will take more or less 15 minutes. The number of buses will be increased during the concerts. For further information: www.ataf.net
CARS AND PARKING LOTS
If you arrive by car from the North or from the Highway Firenze – Pisa – Livorno, here are the two recommended routes:
- Take the Firenze Nord exit from the Highway and park your car in one of the parking lots along the tram line (Guidoni, Palazzo di Giustizia – Novoli and the parking lot Quick di Via Ragghianti under Centro commerciale Coop/Virgin/The Space). Take the Line 2 and hop off at SAN DONATO (UNIVERSITÀ). From here, you can walk to Visarno Arena following the path: Via di Novoli, Via Paganini, Via Baracca, Via Leoncavallo, passerella pedonale, Via Tartini, Via delle Cascine..
- Keep driving on the A1 Highway and place your vehicle in the car park VILLA COSTANZA located between Firenze Scandicci and Firenze Impruneta tolbooths (you may enter from North or South without exiting). Take the Line 1 and get off at CASCINE (CARLO MONNI) close to Visarno Arena. If the parking lot “Parcheggio di Villa Costanza” is full, get out of Firenze Scandicci tolbooth, park your car in one of the car parks along the tram line Via delle Sette Regole (Scandicci) in the vicinity of Centro Commerciale Coop in Ponte a Greve (indoor parking and Via Stradone dell’Ospedale) and, then, take the Line 1 until CASCINE (CARLO MONNI)..
To find out the parking fees and check the real time availability of the parking spaces of Firenze Parcheggi, please visit: www.firenzeparcheggi.it
Please look at the parking fees of Parcheggio Villa Costanza at the following website: www.parcheggiovillacostanza.it
The tram ticket price is 1.50 euros.
You will find TAXI stops in Piazza Vittorio Veneto, Viale dell’Aeronautica and Lungarno dei Pioppi.
To get to Visano Arena by taxi, call the telephone numbers 055-4390 or 055-4242.
The taxi fares are in line with the current fares.
Motorcycles and motor vehicles must be parked in the dedicated area in Piazza Vittorio Veneto. You will proceed on foot for a few minutes till Visarno Arena.
You must follow this route to arrive at the motorbike parking: sottopasso Viale F.lli Rosselli – a destra Piazza Vittorio Veneto.
It is prohibited to enter Visarno Arena with the following forbidden items:
- Weapons, replica weapons or items resembling weapons, knives, firearms, blunt offensive objects and those with sharp ends. Ammunition, replica ammunition or any item resembling ammunition;
- Explosives, chemicals or incendiary devices;
- Fireworks, flares and firecrackers;
- Glass or metal bottles, cans;
- Non-alcoholic beverages in a plastic bottle of more than 0,5 lt.
- Alcoholic beverages not purchased inside the Venue;
- Animals (save for trained assistance or guide dogs);
- Illegal substances, including illicit drugs and needles (save as required for valid medical reasons);
- Poles, flagpoles, sticks, umbrella, large photography equipment (e.g. tripods), selfie-sticks, chains and bats;
- Drones or unmanned aerial devices;
- Motorcycles, bicycles, roller-skates, skateboard and overboard;
- Electronic transmitting equipment, power bank or laser pointers;
- Suitcase, trolley, bags and backpacks larger than 15 lt. or items too large to be controlled;
- Air horn, pepper spray and spray cans;
- Tent and sleeping bag;
- Musical instruments;
- Audio/video recording equipment, professional and semi-professional cameras, GoPro, IPad and tablet;
- Helmets, chains and other objects which may cause injuries;
The attempt at introducing forbidden objects may cause the termination of the contract completed with the ticket purchase, the holding of the entry ticket and the application of penalties provided by the current law. Please read the Firenze Rocks regulations here: firenzerocks.it/info-utili
The Firenze Rocks food areas offer sandwiches, hot dogs, ethnic, vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free dishes. You may buy food and drinks through tokens.
Children aged up to seven years old can enter the venue for free. Throughout Firenze Rocks, there will be a kids area at Visarno Arena.
At Visarno Arena, there will be an area for pregnant women and injured people. You will be able to access the space for free without reserving a spot until capacity is reached (even seats).
The entrance to the space will be indicated on the ticket. You will not be allowed to access a different area from that written on the entry ticket.
For safety reasons and in order to protect your own physical health and that of the unborn child, it is not recommended to attend the concert if you are pregnant or suffer from an occasional accident.
Pregnant women and injured people who attend the festival do so at their own risk.
If the pregnancy or the accident was discovered or happened after the purchase of the ticket and before the date of the concert itself, you won’t be able to replace or refund the ticket purchased.
For further clarification, please read the paragraph “Pregnant Women” on the festival official website: firenzerocks.it/info-utili